Author: Helen Scheuerer
Genre: YA / Fantasy
Series: The Oremere Chronicles
Synopsis: War is here.
Toxic mist drives all life to the brink of destruction and the conqueror queen, Ines, has her talons in the kings of the realm.
Bleak, having discovered her true heritage, must now scour the lands for the one thing that might save them all.
But the search is a treacherous one – and it will push her to the very limits of endurance.
Amidst secrets, lies and the intricacies of battle, Bleak and her companions learn just how far they’ll go for the ones they love. But will it be enough?
As deadly forces grapple for power across the continents, families, friends and allies unite to take one final stand.
Explosive revelations, heart-wrenching betrayals and breathtaking magic soar in the epic conclusion to Helen Scheuerer’s bestselling trilogy, The Oremere Chronicles. (taken from Goodreads)
At long last, we have reached the much-awaited conclusion to the Oremere Chronicles. Ah, if only this book ended up being bad, then I’d have a much easier time figuring out what to say about it. Fortunately and unfortunately for me, it wasn’t even close to being bad. So while I had the time of my life watching the rest of the Mist Gang’s story unfold, I’m now faced with the dilemma book bloggers often to deal with when a book exceeds their expectations: the inability to accurately describe just how fantastic said book is.
Because War of Mist is the third and final book in the series, there really isn’t much I can talk about without spoiling the events, so I’ll just quickly bullet point my thoughts.
- Worldbuilding? Still as solid and creative as it was in the previous books.
- Character arcs? Amazing. I truly think the characters, their diverse personalities, individual journies and development through the series is Helen Scheurer’s strongest point. And if any of her future books feature characters as phenomenal as these, then sign me up for the next one!
- Also, I’m gonna give a special shoutout to my boy Swinton whose growth is so complex and beautiful and it just wrecked me completely me okay ugh I love him so much.
- Also, another shoutout to my other boy Fiore who is equally as amazing and impossible to NOT love. Him and Swinton? YES. They give me so much life.
- Deaths? Yeah, people die in this. And I’m still not over it.
- My heart? Torn. Broken. Shattered into a gazillion pieces. But also, very, very full.
War of Mist, and the series as a whole, is a story about hope, love, and the importance of togetherness. All-in-all, this was an absolute whirlwind of an adventure and I’m so glad I was able to partake in it.
Don’t forget to join us for the War of Mist Twitter chat on July 20!
Special thanks to Shealea (Shut Up Shealea), hostess extraordinaire of Caffeine Book Tours, for organizing this wonderful blog tour! Make sure to check out what other fabulous bloggers have to say about War of Mist!