The end is nigh. 2017 was an interesting year, to say the least. And so to wrap it all up, here’s a quick list of the 5 Worst Books and 5 Best Books I’ve read during 2017 (not necessarily published in 2017), as well as my reading/blogging resolutions for 2018!
WORST BOOKS OF 2017
BEST BOOKS OF 2017
RESOLUTIONS FOR 2018
- Be a more active member in the community. This one I’ve been struggling with since the beginning of my blog. For the few months that I’ve been blogging, I haven’t been going out of my way to interact with other bloggers (’tis the curse of being painfully shy, I’m afraid). This year, I’m hoping to change that.
- Branch out. I read mostly YA but I’m looking to branch out and maybe read more Adult books or books that aren’t in genres I’m most comfortable with.
- Start a Bookstagram. I’ve been wanting to join but I simply haven’t had the time. Plus, I kinda have no idea where to start. Well, since it’s a new year, I can use that as an incentive to finally make one.
- Be more consistent. Though my inconsistency when it comes to making posts doesn’t bother me (life is life, you guys), one of my goals this year is to stop going on random hiatuses in the middle of the month. I’m definitely going to start writing posts in advance and scheduling them, too.
- Read for fun. This is something that I’ve been doing since blogging that I hope will carry over into the new year. I know there can be a lot of pressure when it comes to book blogging, so much that sometimes reading itself turns into a chore. I made it a point to sort of take a break between reading books that I intend on reviewing by reading a book that I won’t make a review for. That way, I can enjoy reading without the need to take notes or worry about what I need to include in my review.
Hope 2018 will be better for everyone! Can’t wait to see what it will bring! ❤