1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
5. You have to nominate 10-20 people
6. Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
7. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
8. Share your link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Yours Truly:
- I’m a slow reader. Insanely slow. I honestly don’t know how people are able to hash out review after review when I can barely get one out per week! Ya’ll are wizards.
- I’m a Disney fanatic. Goes hand-in-hand with my love for fairytales. Not only was I addicted to reading stories about princesses and dragons and fairies, but I was addicted to watching them, too.
- I still have all of my childhood books with me. Goosebumps, Geronimo Stilton, The Magic Treehouse… even the Clique series. I also have this giant book of nursery rhymes, fairytales, and bedtime stories. Never threw them out or gave them away.
- If you could read just one book for the rest of your life, over and over, what book will it be? (NO series, just 1 book) Damn, this is a hard one. If I had to read just one book for the rest of my life, it’d be Uprooted. An endearing protagonist, strong friendships, intriguing magic, hate-to-love romance, a creepy-as-hell antagonist, and enchanting imagery. Basically everything I love packed into a sweet little standalone.
- Which bookish character do you hate the most? Explain. Oh boy. This is going to be a bit controversial, but Aelin Ashryver Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series. Mostly, it boils down to the way SJM writes her. I think Aelin is over glorified. All the characters seem to revolve around her and I’m just not a fan of it.
- Do you feel personally attacked when people say bad things about your favorite book? Explain.Generally, I don’t feel personally attacked when people say bad things about my favorite book because 1) everyone has different tastes, and 2) I can get very uncomplimentary about certain books too. No hard feelings as long as the criticisms made are valid and understandable. Buuuuut (yes, there’s a but), I do tend to feel personally attacked when it comes to my favorite characters, especially if they get blind/unjustified hate (there’s an explanation behind this).
- Do you separate the author from their works? Meaning, if you heard bad things about an author, will you still read any of their works or will you take it against them and not support them at all?Depends. If those bad things go against my morals and the author has proved to be irredeemable, then no, I wouldn’t read any of their works. I wouldn’t want to support a homophobic or racist author. I’d rather spend my money on something (and someone) that I think would be worth it.
- Have you read any of the Harry Potter books? If yes, which one is your favorite book? If no, which do you think you’ll like best based on the title and cover?I’ve only read one Harry Potter book. I know, I know. Blasphemy! I can’t really say that The Sorcerer’s Stone is my favorite, but based off the title and cover (aaaaand maybe the movies heh), I think I’d like Prisoner of Azkaban the best.
- Your OTP is drowning and you can only save one of them. Which one are you going to save?
- If you could bring a dead character back to life, who would it be?
- Is there any character you feel has been done dirty by their author?
- What song do you associate with your favorite book?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
And as for my nominees:
◊ Where There’s Ink There’s Paper
◊ The Last Page
◊ The Literary Empress
◊ Little Fox And Reads
◊ Cesca Lizzie Reads
◊ Reads And Dreams
◊ Quibbles and Scribbles
◊ Phantom of Literature
Have fun you guys!